Terms & Conditions
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells You the Terms on which You may make use of Our website, meducation.net, whether as a guest or a registered user.
Please read these Terms carefully before You start to use Our Site. By using Our Site, You indicate that You have read, understood and accept these Terms and that You agree to abide by them. If You do not agree to these Terms, please immediately stop using Our Site.
Our Site contains articles, Contributions and other content on medical topics and no warranty or representation is made to You whatsoever that any of those Contributions or other content is true and/or is accurate. There is absolutely no assurance that any Contribution or other content contained on Our Site is true, accurate or up-to-date. Contributions and other content may be written, wholly or in part by people who are NOT qualified medical practitioners/scientists or other medical professionals. Our Site must not be used as a diagnostic tool. Medical information on Our Site is of a general nature and cannot be used as a substitute for the advice of a qualified medical professional. Nothing on Our Site should be construed as an attempt to offer or render a medical opinion or otherwise engage in the practice of medicine.
Any advertisements on or linked to Our Site are not endorsed in any way by Us.
We do not accept any liability for the provenance, title or copyright of any of the Contributions posted on Our Site and We are unable to offer advice to Users of Our Site on these issues. Please obtain independent legal advice.
Please see clause 10 generally for details of Our liability.
1. DefinitionsBack to top
1.1 The following words have the following meanings for the purposes of these Terms unless the context requires otherwise and are specifically defined within these Terms.
"Contributions" material contributed to Our Site by You including but not limited to textual content, images or video);
"You" the users of Our Site;
"Your" the users of Our Site’s;
"We" New Media Education Limited;
"Us" New Media Education Limited;
"Our" New Media Education Limited’s; and
"Our Site" meducation.net
1.2 The headings are for convenience only and will not affect the interpretation of these Terms.
1.3 Unless the context otherwise requires the singular will include the plural and vice versa, references to any gender will include references to other genders, references to persons will include bodies corporate, unincorporated associations and partnerships.
1.4 References on these Terms to any statute or statutory provision will include any statute or statutory provision which before or (in the case of consolidation only) after the date of these Terms amends, extends, consolidates, or replaces the same and will include any order, regulation, instrument or other sub-ordinate legislation made under the relevant statute or statutory provision.
2. Information about usBack to top
meducation.net is a Site operated by New Media Education Limited, registered in England and Wales under company number 06567759. Our registered office is at 54 Ladysmith Road, Exeter, EX1 2PU.
3. Accessing Our SiteBack to top
3.1 It is possible that access to Our Site may be curtailed from time to time. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service We provide on Our Site without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, Our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
3.2 From time to time, We may restrict Your access to Our entire Site, or just some parts, to users who have registered with us.
3.3 If You choose a password as part of Our registration procedure, You must treat such password as confidential, and You must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable Your password, if in Our opinion, You have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
3.4 You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for You to have access to Our Site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access Our Site through Your internet connection are aware of these Terms, they comply with them and they are not under the age of 18. Access to Our Site by anyone under the age of 18 is unauthorised and is not permitted by these Terms.
4. Prohibited usesBack to top
4.1 You may use Our Site only for lawful purposes. You must not use Our Site:
- 4.1.1 in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation; or
- 4.1.2 in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect; or
- 4.1.3 for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way; or
- 4.1.4 to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with Our Content Standards (see clause 6 for details for Our Content Standards); or
- 4.1.5 to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- 4.1.6 to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
4.2 You must not:
- 4.2.1 reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of Our Site in contravention of the provisions of Our Terms; or
- 4.2.2 access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- 220.127.116.11 any part of Our Site;
- 18.104.22.168 any equipment or network on which Our Site is stored;
- 22.214.171.124 any software used in the provision of Our Site; or
- 126.96.36.199 any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party; or
- 188.8.131.52 modify the paper or digital copies of any materials You have printed off or downloaded in any way from Our Site, and You must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text; or
- 184.108.40.206 use any part of the materials on Our Site for commercial purposes.
4.3 If You print off, copy or download any part of Our Site in breach of these Terms, Your right to use Our Site will cease immediately.
5. Interactive servicesBack to top
5.1 We may from time to time provide interactive services on Our Site, including, without limitation:
5.1.1 chat rooms: and
5.1.2 bulletin boards.
5.2 Where We do provide any interactive service, We will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
5.3 We will attempt to assess any possible risks for Users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and We will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service We provide on Our Site, and We expressly exclude Our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a User in contravention of our Content Standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
5.4 Where We do moderate an interactive service, We will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
6. Content Standards (the "Content Standards")Back to top
6.1 These Content Standards apply to all of the content on Our Site, including without limitation, any and all Contributions to Our Site, and to any interactive services associated with it.
6.2 You must comply with the spirit of the Content Standards. The Content Standards apply to each part of any Contribution.
6.3 Contributions must:
- 6.3.1 be true and accurate (whether or not they are of a factual nature);
- 6.3.2 be genuinely, reasonably and honestly held (where they state opinions); and
- 6.3.3 comply with applicable law in the UK and in any other country from which they are posted or viewed or downloaded.
6.4 Contributions must not:
- 6.4.1 contain any material which is defamatory of any person; or
- 6.4.2 contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; or
- 6.4.3 promote sexually explicit material; or
- 6.4.4 promote violence; or
- 6.4.5 promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or
- 6.4.6 infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; or
- 6.4.7 be likely to deceive any person; or
- 6.4.8 be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; or
- 6.4.9 promote any illegal activity; or
- 6.4.10 be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or
- 6.4.11 be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or
- 6.4.12 be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent Your identity or affiliation with any person; or
- 6.4.13 give the impression that they emanate from Us, if this is not the case; or
- 6.4.14 advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
7. Making Contributions and Uploading material to Our SiteBack to top
7.1 Whenever You make a Contribution and/or upload material to Our Site, or make contact with other users of Our Site, You must comply with the Content Standards set out in clause  of these Terms. You warrant and represent irrevocably and unconditionally to us that any Contribution that You made to Our Site complies with in full and without exception to the Content Standards, and You further indemnify us for any breach of such warranty and representation.
7.2 Any Contribution You upload to Our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and We have the right to put your Contribution(s) on Our Site.
7.3 By making a Contribution to Our Site;
- 7.3.1 You are warranting and representing to us (and separately and with each of the users of Our Site) that You are fully entitled to make such Contribution and You
- 220.127.116.11 further warrant and represent that the material is Your own original work and that You own absolutely the copyright and any other relevant rights in that Contribution; or
- 18.104.22.168 have a licence and/or express permission to use the material as part of Your Contribution.
- 7.3.2 You authorise us to adapt the relevant material at Our absolute discretion and in any way that We see fit and in the course of doing so, You waive Your moral rights over the material in question.
7.5 We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any Contributions or materials posted by You or any other user of Our Site (see clause 10).
7.6 We have the right to remove at Our absolute discretion and at any time any Contribution or material or posting You make on Our Site.
8. Suspension and terminationBack to top
8.1 We will determine, in Our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms through Your use of Our Site. When a breach of Our Terms has occurred, We may take such action against You or any other third party as We in Our absolute discretion deem appropriate.
8.2 Failure by You to comply with these Terms, may in Our absolute discretion result in Our taking all or any of the following actions:
- 8.2.1 immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of Your right to use Our Site; or
- 8.2.2 immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by You or any other third party to Our Site; or
- 8.2.3 issue of a formal warning to You; or
- 8.2.4 legal proceedings against You for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from Your failure to comply with these Terms; or
- 8.2.5 further legal action against You; or
- 8.2.6 disclosure of such information to such law enforcement or other regulatory authorities as We in Our absolute discretion decide.
9. Our Site changes regularlyBack to top
9.1 We aim to update Our Site and review Contributions regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, We may suspend Your access to Our Site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the Contributions or other material or content on Our Site may be out of date at any given time, and We are under no obligation to update such material or to confirm its accuracy.
10. Our liabilityBack to top
10.1 We cannot accept responsibility or liability for any Contribution, content and other material, advice or opinions displayed on Our Site, including those that could be used in the diagnosis or treatment of patients. The information cannot be a substitute for the advice of a medical professional. In particular, You recognise that the information and material contained on and available on Our Site is to be used only as a reference aid and must not be used as a substitute for the judgment of a suitably qualified medical practitioner. The Contributions, content and materials on Our Site will not always reflect the most recent research, opinion and knowledge in all areas of medicine.
10.2 To the extent permitted by law, We, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
10.2.1 all conditions, representations, guarantees, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
10.2.2 any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by You in connection with Your use of Our Site or the use of any websites linked to it including, without limitation any liability for:
- 10.2.2.1 loss of income or revenue; and/or
- 10.2.2.2 loss of business; and/or
- 10.2.2.3 loss of profits or contracts; and/or
- 10.2.2.4 loss of anticipated savings; and/or
- 10.2.2.5 loss of data; and/or
- 10.2.2.6 loss of goodwill; and/or
- 10.2.2.7 wasted management or office time; and/or
- 10.2.2.8 for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
11. Information about You and Your visits to Our SiteBack to top
12. Viruses, hacking and other offencesBack to top
12.1 You must not misuse Our Site by knowingly or recklessly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or harmful in any way. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Our Site, the server on which Our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Our Site. You must not attack Our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
12.2 By breaching the terms of this clause 12, You would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will co-operate with those authorities. In the event of such a breach, Your right to use Our Site will cease immediately.
12.3 We will not be liable to You for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other harmful material that may infect Your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to Your use of Our Site or to Your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
13. Linking to Our SiteBack to top
13.1 You may link to Our Site, provided that You do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage Our reputation or take advantage of it, but You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on Our part where none exists.
13.2 You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by You.
13.3 We reserve the right at Our absolute discretion to withdraw linking permission for any reason without notice. The website from which You are linking to Our Site must comply in all respects with the Content Standards set out in these Terms (see clause 6).
13.4 If You wish to make any use of material on Our Site other than that set out in these Terms, You must address Your request to email@example.com and obtain prior approval in writing to such proposed use.
14. Links from Our SiteBack to top
Where Our Site contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for Your information only. We have no control over the contents of those Sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from Your use of them and We limit Our liability in respect of such to the fullest extent possible as set out in clause 10.
15. Jurisdiction and applicable lawBack to top
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from these Terms or arising from, or related to, a visit to Our Site. These Terms are governed by English law.
16 SeveranceBack to top
If any clause of these Terms (or part of a clause) is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, that clause shall be ineffective to the extent of such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability but the other provisions shall remain in force. If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal clause would be valid, enforceable or legal if some part of it were deleted, the clause shall apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable.
16. VariationsBack to top
We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page each time You access Our Site to take notice of any changes We make. These Terms are legally binding on You. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on Our Site, or by law.
17. Your concerns/complaintsBack to top
If You have any concerns about material which appears on Our Site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with details of Your concerns and suggestions as to how Your concern could be rectified. Please include the URL of the page which has led to Your concern.
Thank You for visiting Our Site.
18. SubscriptionsBack to top
18.1.1 Our Site may offer subscription services.
18.1.2 Subscription services may:
- 22.214.171.124 allow access to additional content including, but not limited to textbooks, textbook chapters, journal articles, videos, audio podcasts, slideshows, images, and exam questions; and /or
- 126.96.36.199 allow access to additional technical features and /or
- 188.8.131.52 allow access to additional site areas.
18.1.3 Subscriptions do not:
- 184.108.40.206 represent purchase of content and/or
- 220.127.116.11 transfer additional rights of ownership, copyright or intellectual property and/or
- 18.104.22.168 grant continuing access to content or services on Our Site or any other website in the event of termination or refusal of subscription for any reason.
18.2.1 Subscription services may require payment for access.
18.2.2 Payments for subscriptions are conducted through a payment service provider. Our Site does not store credit or debit card numbers.
18.2.4 If you are paying by credit or debit card, by designating a card to be billed, you confirm that you are authorised to make such purchase and that you are the holder of such card (i.e. that the card is issued in your name).
18.2.5 Payments through Our Site:
- 22.214.171.124 are inclusive of applicable taxes and transaction fees; and / or
- 126.96.36.199 are subject to change; and
- 188.8.131.52 are conducted through secure sockets layer (SSL) technology, which is used to ensure safe transfer of personal information
18.2.6 We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part and, and in addition to clause 10, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from Our Site.
18.3.1 Each subscription may be subject to its own product description and subscription time.
18.3.2 We will take all reasonable care to ensure that details, description and costs are accurate and correct. However, information including product descriptions appearing on this website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order.
18.4 Regarding Termination or Refusal of subscriptions:
18.4.1 We reserve the right to withdraw any products from this website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this website.
18.4.2 We reserve the right to refuse to process a transaction for any reason, or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion.
18.4.3 We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of:
184.108.40.206 our withdrawing any product from Our Site, whether or not that Product has been sold; and / or
220.127.116.11 removing or editing any materials or content on the Our Site; and / or
18.104.22.168 refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun; and / or
22.214.171.124 refusing service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion.
18.4.4 Our Site offers subscriptions for Users to access additional content supplied by third parties. In addition to clause 10 and 18.4.3 above, We cannot accept responsibility or liability for any direct, indirect or consequential termination of the subscription service caused by removal of content by third parties or external contributors such as but not limited to publishers, organisations, companies or individuals supplying the content.
18.5 Subscriptions are subject to a refunds policy.
18.5.1 We want you to be totally satisfied with every purchase you make from Our Site. However, if you have purchased subscription to content on Our Site you have the right to cancel your purchase and receive a full refund within 14 days of purchase.
18.5.2 You will no longer have a right to cancel or withdraw from your purchase if you have accessed subscription content or services.
18.5.3 You must submit a refund request by email to email@example.com and the money will reimbursed back in to the receiving account within a period of 30 days. Alternatively, you can request a refund in writing sent to the company address at 54 Ladysmith Road, Exeter, EX1 2PU.